This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide.
Beauty products very rarely go on sale and usually when they do you have to buy them from the brand directly, pay shipping fees, and wait ten years for your order to arrive. Thankfully we can avoid all of that during the Sephora Sale.
How The Sephora Sale Works
The sale is open to all Beauty Insider members. You do need to sign up in order to shop the sale, but it is a great way to earn rewards and take advantage of the few sales a year they have.
There are three different tiers to the Beauty Insider program. Higher tiers save more and have more days to shop.
THE SEPHORA SALE EVENT WILL RUN FROM 4/9 THROUGH 4/19.
- ROUGE 20% OFF UNTIL 4/19
- VIB 15% OFF FROM 4/13 -4/19
- BEAUTY INSIDER 10% OFF FROM 4/15-4/19
Use code OMGSPRING
Tips For Shopping
Obviously this isn’t a must-shop sale. But if you need to restock on your essentials, have gift cards to use, or can afford to splurge, it makes sense to shop during the sale. For those of you that love beauty products, make sure to have a plan in place because things can get out of hand quickly.
- STICK TO YOUR BUDGET – This is the most important thing to remember during any sale. Make a budget of what you can realistically spend and stick to it. There will always be another sale so make sure not to spend more than you can afford.
- MAKE A LIST – Since I write about beauty, I could literally buy the entire store. Since that just isn’t possible, I try to be as strategic as I can be with my purchases. First, I make a list of things I would like to repurchase. Then I go through and add new products I want to try. I would suggest you do the same.
- DO SOME RESEARCH – Before you buy, I suggest doing some research so you can find the best products for your needs. We have tons of product and brand reviews to help you out. Just scroll to the bottom of this post or use the search bar.
Sephora Sale Recommendations: Skincare
If you are looking to start using a retinol product, this is the perfect product for beginners. The .25% concentration is safe enough for those that have never used retinol and those with sensitive skin.
When starting with this product, I started using it 3X a week for a month. Now I use one pump every other night.
Sephora Sale Recommendations: Makeup
I don’t think there is anything more luxurious than this Westman Atelier contour stick. While a bit on the pricier side, it is worth the splurge.
This contour is available in two shades that will work for fair, light, and medium skin tones. If you need an alternative shade, try the Fenty stick.
What’s In My Cart
During this sale, I am going to be picking up new products to test for the blog. There are so many new things I’d love to review for you. I will need to cut this list by half, but I am looking at buying:
- The INKEY List Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser
- OLEHENRIKSEN Wrinkle Blur™ Bakuchiol Eye Gel Crème
- Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream Moisturizer
- Drunk Elephant Protini™ Powerpeptide Resurfacing Serum
- Patrick Ta Major Sculpt Creme Contour & Powder Bronzer Duo
- Lancome Lash Idôle Lash-Lifting & Volumizing Mascara
Other Sephora Sale Recommendations
Five Minute Makeup Routine
If I have a Zoom call that I need to look good for, I do my five-minute makeup routine: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick Balm, Natasha Denona Mini Glam, and Ilia Limitless Mascara.
Products To Remove Makeup
While my makeup wearing has been reduced to mascara and a swipe of eyeshadow, some of you have said you are opting for long-lasting full coverage makeup under your mask. For those of you looking to remove some heavy-duty makeup, you need to try the Green Clean Cleansing Balm from Farmacy. It will remove all of your makeup without drying out your skin. I also love the Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Oil Cleanser, which is perfect for light makeup.
If you need some help figuring out which products to add to your list, check out these posts.