This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide.
Beauty products very rarely go on sale and usually when they do you have to buy them from the brand directly, pay shipping fees, and wait ten years for your order to arrive. Thankfully we can avoid all of that during the Sephora Spring Sale.
Here at Feisty Life Media, we all love trying new beauty products, but when it comes to product recommendations, we turn to our Editor. In this post, Holly will be sharing her tips for shopping the sale plus her current wish list.
How The Sale Works
The sale is open to all Beauty Insider members. You do need to sign up in order to shop the sale, but it is a great way to earn rewards and take advantage of the few sales a year they have.
There are three different tiers to the Beauty Insider program. Higher tiers save more and have more days to shop.
- ROUGE 20% OFF FROM 4/17-5/1
- VIB 15% OFF FROM 4/21-4/29
- BEAUTY INSIDER 10% OFF FROM 4/23-4/27
Tips For Shopping
Obviously this isn’t a must-shop sale. But if you need to restock on your essentials, have gift cards to use, or can afford to splurge, it makes sense to shop during the sale. For those of you that love beauty products, make sure to have a plan in place because things can get out of hand quickly.
- STICK TO YOUR BUDGET – This is the most important thing to remember during any sale. Make a budget of what you can realistically spend and stick to it. There will always be another sale so make sure not to spend more than you can afford.
- MAKE A LIST – Since I write about beauty, I could literally buy the entire store. Since that just isn’t possible, I try to be as strategic as I can be with my purchases. First, I make a list of things I would like to repurchase. Then I go through and add new products I want to try. I would suggest you do the same.
- DO SOME RESEARCH – Normally, I would suggest going to the store for swatches and samples. But with the stores closed right now, that just isn’t an option. So before you buy, I suggest doing some research so you can find the best products for your needs. We have tons of product and brand reviews to help you out. Just scroll to the bottom of this post or use the search bar.
My Sephora Spring Sale Restock List
Since this will be the last sale before summer, I restock my warm-weather beauty essentials.
At the very minimum, I like to make sure I have a lighter moisturizer, a sheer coverage foundation, a great mascara, clarifying shampoo, and a leave-in conditioner.
During spring and summer, I go for a more natural makeup look. This mascara helps to curl, lengthen, and define the lashes. No clumps here and perfect for a no-makeup look.
This will be the fourth bottle I’ve purchased because I love it so much. I love that it doesn’t weigh down my fine hair, but that it also protects my hair from UV rays.
Products To Try
Since I write about beauty for my job, picking new products I want to try isn’t hard. The hard part is cutting the list down.
Right now, I am wanting skincare products to help with texture. As for makeup, I am loving easy to apply products that give a very effortless look. I love neutrals, glossy lips, and easy eyeshadow looks.
Skin texture is a huge issue for me, but so is sensitivity. Too many AHAs aggravate my skin, so I am hoping the gentler PHAs will do the trick.
I don’t technically need another toner since I have one that I love. However, I’ve heard that this stuff is a game-changer for people with acne scars.
I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect cream bronzer for fair/light skin for two years. I’ve heard this is the best cream bronzer available since Chanel reformulated.
I love a good sheer lip but most of them are matte. A true tinted lip oil is both sheer and glossy, which just sounds perfect to me. I know this is a pricy product, but I think it will be worth the splurge.
If you need some help figuring out which products to add to your list, check out these posts.
If you plan on shopping the sale, leave a comment with your current wish list. Or feel free to ask a question.
Want to see our editor’s haul, she will be sharing her haul and first impressions on Instagram.