This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide.
Every now and then, there are days when you just feel less than stellar. Maybe you had a fight with your spouse, or you made a mistake in front of your coworkers, or maybe you are just having an all-around “No Good Very Bad Day.” And while every day won’t be perfect, that doesn’t mean you should talk down to yourself or allow those negative thoughts to take up residence in your head. So to pull you up on those days, we curated a healthy list of positive affirmations you can use to remind yourself just how awesome you really are.
Related reading: How To Put An End To Negative Self-Talk
What Are Affirmations
Affirmations are positive reminders or statements that can be used to encourage and motivate yourself or others.
For most of us, it is easier to affirm others than it is ourselves. But it is important to be able to speak nicely to ourselves as well.
When we use affirmation for ourselves, the process is called self-affirmation.
How To Use Them
Some people say affirmations out loud in front of a mirror. Others simply write them down in a journal. You can also repeat them in your head like a mantra during meditation.
Start by choosing two to three affirmations from the list below that resonate with you. From there, decide if you will say them aloud, write them down in a journal, or recite them in your head.
To make a habit out of it, try to do this at the same time every day. You could do it in the morning as part of a morning routine or try them in the evening before going to bed,
Related reading: Why You Need To Journal
35 Positive Affirmations
Here are some examples of affirmations that you can use on a daily basis. Pick a few that resonate with you or feel free to write your own.
1.My past is not a reflection of my future.
2. I am smart enough to make my own decisions.
3. I’m courageous and stand up for myself.
4. I deserve to have joy in my life.
5. I’m worthy of love.
6. I’m calm, happy, and content.
7. My life is a gift and I appreciate everything I have.
8. My mind is full of brilliant ideas.
9. I put my energy into things that matter to me.
10. I trust myself to make the right decision.
11. I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
12. I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
13. I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
14. I’m allowed to take the time to heal.
15. My imperfections make me unique.
16. My potential to succeed is limitless.
17. Difficult times are part of my journey and allow me to appreciate the good.
18. I’m in charge of my life.
19. I’m doing my best and that is enough.
20. I have the power to create change.
21. I am enough.
22. I let go of things that no longer serve me.
23. My life becomes richer as I get older.
24. I can absolutely do anything I put my mind to.
25. I’m worthy of respect and acceptance.
26. My contributions to the world are valuable.
27. My needs and wants are important.
28. I make a significant difference to the lives of people around me.
29. My life is full of amazing opportunities that are ready for me to step into.
30. I’m free to create the life I desire.
31. I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
32. I give myself space to grow and learn.
33. I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
34. I listen to my intuition and trust my inner guide.
35. I am resilient and can get through anything.
Save This For Later