This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide.
Decorating your space can be fun and exciting. But with all of the decisions that have to be made it can be a bit overwhelming too. One way to make decorating easier is to know your interior design style. So we have rounded up the best tips to help you to determine your interior design style.
3 Tips For Determining Your Style
Decide what you don’t like
It can be difficult to know what you like and why, but it is often easier to identify what you don’t love. Use this to your advantage and eliminate styles you know you don’t like.
Create a Pinterest board or two
Pinterest is a great place to go for interior decorating inspiration. It is also a great place to start when trying to determine your interior decorating style. Start by creating a Pinterest board and save things that you would love to have in your home. You could include a color palette, furniture, artwork, or other home accents. Next, look for patterns. You might find you like white kitchens and dark wood furniture. Or maybe you everything you saved has a minimalist vibe.
Take an online quiz
If all else fails and you are still not sure about your interior design style, you can take a quiz. There are tons of different quizzes online, but these two are the best.
Shop For Your Interior Design Style
After you determine your interior design style, it is time for the fun part. It’s time to shop. Here we some of our favorite places to shop:
- Target | Trendy and affordable home decor and furniture
- H&M Home | Stylish and affordable home decor
- Wold Market | Modern trend-forward home decor and furniture
- Urban Outfitters | A collection of bohemian style decor and furniture
- Anthropologie | Beautiful and whimsical decor
- CB2 | Sleek and stylish modern decor
- Crate & Barrel | Foundational pieces for the entire home
- Pottery Barn | High-quality investment pieces